Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yet Do I Marvel

The poem is a sonnet (14 lines)
It contains 3 quatrains and 1 couplet

I really like this poem it was fun and easy to read. I like the word choices that the writer uses. I feel like he uses them in certain places for a reason. In the beginning he uses the word "doubt" and at the end he uses the word "yet" i think that this was done to reconnect everything at the end. I feel like the writer is saying that while he thinks this way he know that this is actually how it is and he will just go with it. This was written during the Harlem Ren. and was something that many could relate to.

I think that there are a lot of things that can be talked about with this because of the issues that still exist today, but the important thing is to realize that it is literature. It is something that everyone can read and in their own way feel apart of. I feel like making categories makes issues, which then creates problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment