Sunday, December 4, 2011

howl

The first thing this made me think of was drugs. I feel very lost after reading this and its no certain place, i just feel like this reading was hard to follow and a little difficult.

I think that this was written for his group of friends and if we were on the inside we would understand and know what was going on better. I feel like we are outsiders looking in and that is why it is hard for us to understand what is going on.

I also am not sure what is going on with the idea of shock therapy? i Feel like there is the idea of mental illness in this...

The very end "lapse O skinny legions run outside O starry
spangled shock of mercy the eternal war is
here O victory forget your underwear we're
free"
I feel like this is a play on the national anthem. I'm not sure what all he is trying to say but i think his word choices were for a reason.

I also feel like this is much like Huck. He was going out to the West to get out of whatever people felt stuck in. This idea is seen in this story as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment